Measure What Matters Most for Student Success
Discover your school's levels of engagement, hope, entrepreneurial aspiration, and career and financial literacy.
September 24-October 26, 2018
Join the conversation.
The online survey measures the engagement, hope, entrepreneurial aspiration and career and financial literacy of students in grades five through 12. Add your students' voices to millions of others in the U.S. by registering for Gallup's annual survey measuring the core elements that drive student success.
Learn more about the poll.
Gallup Education has more than 40 years of data and analytics on what makes exceptional school leaders and teachers. Our research has revealed that the best educators cultivate their students' strengths, and learn about their hopes and dreams. The Gallup Student Poll helps educators provide a more positive school culture and measures hope for the future, engagement with school, and other factors that have been shown to drive students' grades, achievement scores, retention and future employment.
The Gallup Student Poll is available to your school or district for a nominal fee and takes most students less than 10 minutes to complete. Have more questions? Contact us.
Discover the elements that drive success.
Engagement:The involvement in and enthusiasm a student has for school.
Hope:The ideas and energy students have for the future.
Entrepreneurial Aspiration:The talent and ambition necessary for building businesses that survive, thrive and employ others.
Career and Financial Literacy:The information, attitudes and behaviors that students need to practice for healthy participation in the economy.
By participating, your school will:
- build engagement, create hope for the future, foster talent and prepare students to meaningfully participate in the economy
- receive survey results with actionable insights customized for your school's needs
- obtain results to initiate conversation-starters between teachers and staff, parents and students
- effectively capture your students' voices on topics that are clearly important but rarely measured
- gain an opportunity to involve parents and communities in building hope and overall improvement in students
- review your school's results alongside the previous year's results, as well as current year district overall and national results
"Our greatest contribution is to be sure there is a teacher in every classroom who cares that every student, every day, learns and grows and feels like a real human being."
- Don Clifton, Father of Strengths Psychology and Inventor of CliftonStrengths
Transform your results into improved outcomes.
Discover the following Gallup Student Poll materials for download.