Build Engaged & Thriving Schools
Join the millions of students, teachers and leaders across the nation who are transforming school cultures and maximizing outcomes by leveraging what's strong, not wrong.
What drives school performance?
When students form and exercise positive relationships at school, focusing on what's right with people and what they do best, their engagement and performance soar.
Top schools hire visionary principals who have the natural talent to cultivate a positive school climate and culture. They form strong relationships with school stakeholders and collaborate with leaders across the district and the community.
High-performing principals ensure a talented and caring teacher in every classroom, and they relentlessly work to grow the engagement of each faculty and staff member.
Star teachers prepare students for great jobs and great lives by helping students discover their natural talents, develop their talents into strengths, and apply their strengths both within and outside of school.
Leveraging more than 40 years of data and analytics on exceptional school leaders and teachers, Gallup assists schools that are committed to building engaged and thriving cultures that drive high performance.
Students who strongly agree their school is committed to strengths and their teacher makes them excited about the future are almost 30x as likely to be engaged leaders as their peers who strongly disagree.
"Our greatest contribution is to be sure there is a teacher in every classroom who cares that every student, every day, learns and grows and feels like a real human being."
Don Clifton, Father of Strengths Psychology and Inventor of CliftonStrengths
Gallup K-12 Education is committed to ensuring great jobs and great lives for all students. Our approach supports education leaders in their pursuit of developing students into successful, healthy and happy individuals who thrive by doing meaningful work and contributing to society.
Our program helps schools:
- Enhance district identity. Successful districts have a clearly defined, consistently executed, effectively aligned and highly committed culture.
- Build a strong principal pipeline. School leadership is the largest driver of parent engagement and the second-largest driver of student achievement, only behind teacher quality.
- Attract, identify and hire the most talented teachers and staff to develop students. Teacher hires are important to the success of our nation's students. Great teachers have natural teacher talent. They see students as unique individuals and create environments where students thrive.
- Develop the natural talents of teachers, staff and students. Schools that discover, embed and sustain a strengths-based culture drive greater engagement and performance. The Gallup Student Poll helps educators provide a more positive school culture.
- Build a thriving community. By measuring and growing teacher, student, parent and community engagement, schools can achieve desired outcomes that benefit the entire local community.