This course introduces K-12 and higher education educators and education leaders to strengths-based education pedagogy and practice and emphasizes specific student outcomes associated with strengths-based implementation. Learners develop a basic understanding of the value of a strengths-based education through self-reflection, interaction with other participants, and participation in live classes. The course also equips learners with the tools needed to begin implementing a strengths-based approach with their students.
- develop an understanding of the strengths philosophy
- understand the effect that strengths-based education has on desired student outcomes
- develop a vision for purposeful use of strengths-based education on school campuses
- develop new insights into their own talents and strengths
- explore how their individual talents and strengths influence their practice as educators and education leaders
- be equipped with tools to begin implementing a strengths-based education initiative with students
- K-12 and higher education leaders: adult-facing education leaders responsible for leading professional development in strengths-based education and implementing large-scale strengths-based education initiatives
- K-12 and higher education instructors and counselors: student-facing instructors and counselors
- Live online classes meet every Monday from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time for three consecutive weeks starting on the dates listed below. Learners are required to access the course prior to the first live class to set up their personal profile and to complete assignments.
- Participation requires a desktop or laptop with speakers and a microphone. Our courses are not supported on iPads, tablets or mobile devices.
- Recordings of live online classes are posted on the Internet for review by participants who can't attend; however, live participation is highly recommended.
- attendance at all live online classes (or review of class recording if unable to attend live class)
- homework: Weekly readings, short journal entries, and participation in online conversation boards
- final project
- three live online classes with a Gallup instructor
- course presentation slides (online courses only)
- learning journal
- one Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment code
- one Clifton StrengthsFinder Signature Themes report
- access to online resources (StrengthsQuest.com)
- access to online networking opportunities and conversation boards (online courses only)
To register for a course, click the date in the Schedule/Registration area. If no dates are available, contact us to be placed on a waiting list.
More Learning Opportunities
- View all Strengths Courses for Educators