This course provides mentors, advisers and education leaders in higher ed with in-depth information about strengths-based mentoring best practices. Through self-reflection, interaction with other participants and participation in live classes, learners will develop an understanding of how strengths-based mentoring can move the needle on specific student outcomes. The course will also equip learners with practical tools needed to begin implementing strengths-based mentoring with their students.
- learn about the strengths development process for students
- learn how to use strengths-based mentoring to achieve specific student outcomes
- learn how to use strengths-based mentoring to work toward enhanced student well-being and engagement
- develop a deeper understanding of their own natural talents and strengths to enhance their performance as strengths-based mentors
- learn mentoring techniques to enable students to gain an understanding of their strengths and to use them to achieve their goals
- higher education leaders: adult-facing education leaders responsible for leading professional development in strengths-based education and implementing large-scale strengths-based education initiatives
- higher education advisers and mentors: student-facing advisers and mentors
- Live online classes meet every Wednesday from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time for four consecutive weeks starting on the dates listed below. Learners are required to access the course prior to the first live class to set up their personal profile and to complete assignments.
- Participation requires a desktop or laptop with speakers and a microphone. Our courses are not supported on iPads, tablets or mobile devices.
- Recordings of live online classes are posted on the Internet for review by participants who can't attend; however, live participation is highly recommended.
- attendance at all live online classes (or review of class recording if unable to attend live class)
- homework: Weekly readings, short journal entries and participation in online conversation boards
- final project
Prerequisite: SBED100: Introduction to Strengths-Based Education or CSS100HE: Strengths Educator for Higher Education
- four live online classes with a Gallup instructor
- course presentation slides
- learning journal
- one Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment code with one Clifton StrengthsFinder full 34 Theme Sequence report (for course participant)
- two Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment codes, each with a Signature Themes report (to share with others)
- access to online resources (StrengthsQuest.com)
- access to online networking opportunities and conversation boards
To register for a course, click the date in the Schedule/Registration area. If no dates are available, contact us to be placed on a waiting list.
More Learning Opportunities
- View all Strengths Courses for Educators