The world's most successful entrepreneurs are born with rare talents. These business builders can turn ideas into customers. They are the primary source of new economic energy to any economy. Communities and organizations that identify and develop these builder talents will create new businesses and subsequently quality GDP and job growth.
To find future business builders early -- and help them succeed -- Gallup created Builder Profile 10 (BP10). BP10 is Gallup's newest talents-based assessment. In 30 minutes, the BP10 identifies the builder talents of students and adults.
Gallup studied the best entrepreneurs to understand the actions and decisions that lead to venture creation and growth. After years of research, Gallup identified 10 innate talents that define the best and drive business success. Gallup created the online BP10 assessment using the same scientific approach as our popular Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment.
Gallup's research proves that the best business builders use some mix of these 10 talents to start or grow a business:
- Confidence: You accurately know yourself and understand others.
- Delegator: You recognize that you cannot do everything and are willing to contemplate a shift in style and control.
- Determination: You persevere through difficult, even seemingly insurmountable, obstacles.
- Disruptor: You exhibit creativity in taking an existing idea or product and turning it into something better.
- Independent: You are prepared to do whatever needs to be done to build a successful venture.
- Knowledge: You constantly search for information that is relevant to growing your business.
- Profitability: You make decisions based on observed or anticipated effect on profit.
- Relationship: You have high social awareness and an ability to build relationships that are beneficial for the firm's survival and growth.
- Risk: You instinctively know how to manage high-risk situations.
- Selling: You are the best spokesperson for the business.
Start discovering and developing your builder talents:
- Purchase BP10 assessment codes for yourself or others via Gallup Strengths Center.