Amid global economic stagnation, a new class of entrepreneurs, or - more broadly - of "builders," could potentially emerge to create jobs and revive economies. The term "builder" encompasses a variety of people who are engaged in the process of building something that creates economic energy where none existed before. For example, builders use their talents to create new products, services, opportunities and - more importantly - jobs.
Gallup has discovered the rare talents that the most successful builders possess. Based on a study of more than 4,000 builders, Gallup identified 10 talents that business builders use to start and grow ventures with economic value. From this research came the Builder Profile 10 (BP10) assessment. It is designed to help people discover and develop their venture-building talents.
The Coaching Builder Talents course provides coaches with what they need to support current and future builders in understanding their talents. They can use this knowledge to develop and direct their builder talents to achieve greater effectiveness and success.
During this course, you will learn to:
- describe the value of the BP10 assessment as an effective measurement of the 10 talents needed to meet the demands of building businesses
- compare and contrast the CliftonStrengths assessment and the BP10 assessment
- deliver effective coaching conversations to help individuals understand, develop and apply their builder talents to increase business success
- assist small groups in learning to discover, develop and direct their builder talents through the Discover Your Builder Talents workshop
- support the development of builders in your community
Who Should Attend
If you are a professional coach, high school or higher education professional, economic developer, or business and community mentor and you are interested in finding, developing, and coaching current and future builders, this course is for you.
What You Can Expect
During this two-day course, you will explore practical ways to conduct advanced builder coaching conversations with others. You will learn how to help others understand and apply their builder talents to increase their business success. You will also gain insights into how to help others identify areas that can hinder business effectiveness and where to establish complementary partnerships that will empower them to meet the demands of being a successful builder.
What You Will Receive
- two BP10 assessment codes -- one for you and one for you to share with someone you coach
- resources and tools to support your coaching conversations
- a one-on-one Gallup coaching session after the course