Leaders who create strong workplaces -- the companies that everyone wants to be a part of -- don't do it by accident. They're intentional about improving their people strategies and their performance outcomes. And they start by seeking out the best insights.
We've curated this top 10 list to reveal what our readers were most interested in this year (employee burnout, agile management, company culture and employee experience hit the top of the chart) and to give you our best insights for creating an exceptional workplace in 2019.
Here's what you can learn from Gallup's top 10 articles of 2018:
1. The future of management doesn't look like anything we've seen before. Is it time to consider some unconventional ideas?
2. Your employees will want to give their best every day when you improve these four types of interactions.
3. Two-thirds of your employees experience burnout on a regular basis -- but there are ways to prevent it even with limited resources.
4. The old axiom "adapt or die" has never been more relevant than it is today. Does your company quickly adapt to trends?
5. There's a big way that companies let down their employees despite offering great benefits, and leaders probably aren't aware of it.
6. What does it look like when millennials lead in the workplace? It looks like progress.
7. Amazon's leadership principles make us wonder: Are we thinking big enough?
8. Bill Gates once said, "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose." See if your successes are blinding you to some of these scary workplace numbers.
9. Your best employees are more likely to leave than your low performers (despite your best efforts to push your not-quite-star employees out), and we discovered why.
10. It's likely that you know what your team members do -- but do you know why? The why is how the most effective managers motivate each unique person.
More insights coming soon. Look for our new book It's the Manager to hit the shelves in the spring of 2019.
It's the Manager includes more than 50 breakthrough discoveries to advise CEOs, CHROs and managers on the burning issues they face every day. Shop our current leadership resources and books.