NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. AUTOMATIC AND MAIL-IN ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The NewsLens User Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by Gallup. The Sweepstakes is open exclusively to NewsLens members who receive invitations from NewsLens advertising the sweepstakes for this study on August 25, 2020, and who are aged 18 years and older as of August 25, 2020 ("Eligible Participant"). The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Gallup and its respective subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their immediate family members, are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes.
2. SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Gallup. The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Gallup, 1001 Gallup Drive, Omaha, NE 68102. Collectively as used in these Official Rules, "Releasees" includes Sponsor and Administrator and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (EST) on August 25, 2020 and ends 11:59:59 PM EST on September 21, 2020 ("Promotion Period"). The prizes described below will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received and combined during the Promotion Period, with the random drawing to be held on or about three weeks after fielding concludes (the "Awards Drawing").
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes: 1) Automatic Entry: Any Eligible Participant who earns fifty (50) points on the NewsLens platform between August 25, 2020, and September 21, 2020, will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry into the Awards Drawing. For every additional fifty (50) points earned by an Eligible Participant, they will receive an additional one (1) Sweepstakes entry into the Awards Drawing. Automatic entries must be made by earning fifty (50) points on the NewsLens platform by 11:59:59 PM EST on September 21, 2020, in order to be eligible. 2) U.S. Mail Entry: Any Eligible Participant may enter the Sweepstakes without having any other purchase or performance requirements via U.S. Mail by hand-printing his or her full name, address, city, state, ZIP code, daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code), and email address on a 3x5 postcard with First Class postage affixed and mailing it to: Gallup, attention Kevin Olmer, 5601 South 59th Street, Suite A, Lincoln, NE 68516. The mail-in entry will count as one (1) entry into the Awards Drawing. Mail-in entries must be postmarked and received by September 21, 2020, in order to be eligible for the Awards Drawing. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Mail-in entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, postage-due, late or inaccurate are void. All responses and entries become the property of the Administrator and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Administrator's sole discretion. Limit one entry per Eligible Participant if sent by mail.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: All winners of the prizes described below will be randomly selected in the Awards Drawing from among all eligible online and mail-in entries received and combined during the Promotion Period. The random drawings will be conducted by Gallup acting as an independent judging and contest administration organization. The Administrator's and Sponsor's decisions are final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by email within 15 days of the Awards Drawing. Sponsor's inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or prize's or prize notification's return as undeliverable will result in such potential winner's disqualification, and the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner by conducting one or more additional drawings of the remaining entries. Limit one (1) prize per person. All claimed prizes will be awarded.
6. ODDS: Odds of winning a prize are based on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period and the number of entries earned into the Awards Drawing by an Eligible Participant.
7. PRIZES: (50) $100 VISA GIFT CARDS GIFT CARDS. Approximate retail value of each $100. The total approximate retail value of all prizes is $5,000. Prize winners are responsible for all taxes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding. Entrants agree that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title and fitness of any prize for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for mail-in entries that are lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, postage-due or stolen. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner.
9. GOVERNING LAW & ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES: The laws of the State of Nebraska govern this Sweepstakes. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") and held at the AAA regional office nearest the Sponsor.
10. WINNERS' LIST: The names of the winners will be available by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) with First Class postage affixed, to: Gallup, attention Kevin Olmer, 5601 South 59th Street, Suite A, Lincoln, NE 68516 on or about three weeks after fielding concludes.