U.S. State-Specific Privacy Disclosure
Last Updated February 17, 2023
This U.S. State-Specific Privacy Disclosure supplements the information contained in our Privacy Statement. For a discussion of the categories of personal data we process, the purposes for our processing, the categories of personal data that we share with third parties, and the categories of third parties with whom we share personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.
Depending on the state in which you reside, you may have certain privacy rights regarding your personal data. If you are a California resident, please see our Gallup Privacy Notice for California Residents. For other state residents, your privacy rights may include (if applicable):
- The right to confirm whether or not we are processing your personal data and to access such personal data;
- The right to obtain a copy of your personal data that we collected from and/or about you in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows you to transmit the information to another controller without hindrance, where the processing is carried out by automated means;
- The right to delete personal data that we collected from and/or about you, subject to certain exceptions;
- The right to correct inaccurate personal data that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions;
- The right, if applicable, to opt out of the processing of your personal data for purposes of (1) targeted advertising; (2) the “sale” of your personal data (as that term is defined by applicable law); and (3) profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you;
- If we are required by applicable law to obtain your consent to process sensitive personal data, the right to withdraw your consent; and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your privacy rights.
Depending on how the applicable privacy law defines a “sale,” we may sell personal data to third parties. For instance, if you are a resident of Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, or Virginia, we sell your personal data to third parties. We also process your personal data for targeted advertising.
To exercise your rights, please submit a request by emailing us at Privacy_Administrator@Gallup.com with your name, the state in which you reside, and specifying the right(s) you wish to invoke. If legally required, we will comply with your request upon verification of your identity and, to the extent applicable, the identity of the consumer on whose behalf you are making such request. To do so, we will ask you to verify data points based on information we have in our records concerning you. If you are submitting a request on behalf of another individual, please use the same contact methods described above. If we refuse to take action regarding your request, you may appeal our decision by emailing us at Privacy_Administrator@Gallup.com. If you would like to opt out of targeted advertising, you may alter your cookie preferences by clicking the “Cookie Preferences” link in the footer of our websites.
Depending on the state in which you reside, you may be allowed to appoint an authorized agent to exercise your rights. In order to do so, Gallup requires that you fill out the form found at this link (PDF download).
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
If you have any inquiries, complaints, access requests and any other questions or comments regarding this U.S. State-Specific Privacy Disclosure, please contact us.