Re-Engineering Performance Management
Learn why traditional performance management systems are being disrupted, and how to improve them at your organization.
Traditional performance management systems are outdated and ineffective.
Companies have long participated in time-consuming performance reviews that have not yielded any clear improvements in performance.
We knew there had to be a better way.
Gallup has worked with clients to improve performance management for decades, but changes in the modern workplace have precipitated new, in-depth research over the past four years.
Now we bring you all the most useful insights to improve performance management, from leadership to the front line.
This research paper, Re-Engineering Performance Management, features:
- interviews of top scientists
- an evaluation of our world-renowned databases of more than 60 million employees
- opinions, advice and feedback from hundreds of CHROs, leaders, managers and employees from around the globe
- large-scale meta-analyses from researchers outside Gallup, containing hundreds of studies on goal setting, feedback, engagement, individual differences and competencies
Only 2 in 10 employees strongly agree that their performance is managed in a way that motivates them to do outstanding work.
of employees strongly agree that their manager involves them in goal setting. Employees whose managers involve them in goal setting are3.6x
more likely than other employees to be engaged.
of employees strongly agree they have performance metrics that are within their control.
The purpose of performance management is to improve quality of work, productivity and other business outcomes, but traditional approaches have consistently fallen short.
Discover our findings in the Re-Engineering Performance Management research paper.
Download this paper to learn:
- in-depth research on why traditional performance management practices are faltering
- insights on how to improve performance management
- the expectations that today's employees have regarding their workplaces
- how organizations should create a culture of performance development
- why and how managers can shift from being a boss to being a coach
Read the Research Paper
Download Re-Engineering Performance Management to learn how to equip, inspire and improve performance in your organization. Gallup may contact you about your interest in this report.