- Gallup Theme Thursday Webcast Series
- Season 2, Responsibility
- Learn what Responsibility looks like when you use theme dynamics, and how it combines with and complements your other talent themes.
On this Theme Thursday Season 2 webcast, Jim Collison, Gallup's Director of Talent Sourcing, and Maika Leibbrandt, Gallup Advanced Learning and Development Consultant, discussed the theme of Responsibility.
The genius of people with Responsibility stems from their deep sense of dedication and ownership. If they say they will do something, they might as well tattoo it on their forehead -- because they have a psychological ownership of their responsibilities. People exceptionally talented in Responsibility are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty. It's an executing theme that brings a promise to any given task. Other people can rely and trust on Responsibility, and they enjoy receiving the follow-through.
Raw Responsibility executes out of guilt. Mature executes out of joy. People with Responsibility can end up with too much to do, and when they get overloaded, they miss out on the joy of delivering what they said would deliver. Raw says I have to own everything all by myself; it can look like a distrust of others. Mature side is empowerment and enablement, a commitment to others -- and choosing where to specialize and when to commit.
To learn more about Responsibility, please watch the video or listen to the audio above.
Learn more about using CliftonStrengths to help yourself and others succeed:
- Watch more CliftonStrengths webcasts like this episode.
- Sign up to get CliftonStrengths content sent directly to your inbox.
- Shop at store.gallup.com for CliftonStrengths access codes and other essential strengths-based development products.