- Gallup Theme Thursday Webcast Series
- Season 2, Individualization
- Learn what Individualization looks like when you use theme dynamics, and how it combines with and complements your other talent themes.
On this Theme Thursday Season 2 webcast, Jim Collison, Gallup's Director of Talent Sourcing, and Maika Leibbrandt, Gallup Advanced Learning and Development Consultant, discussed the theme of Individualization.
Maika feels an immediate connection to those with Individualization. It is a relationship-building theme and is all about embracing the uniqueness of human beings. Individualization notices and loves what is different about people. People exceptionally talented in the Individualization theme low to figure out how different people work together productively. Strong Individualization appreciates the uniqueness of each person and can customize their approach accordingly. Individualization is like a casting director, it positions people to do what they do best, and in so doing, leads to a more enjoyable and productive experience for everyone. Individualization is open-minded and curious about the human element of a process.
Raw Individualization can be independent and costly because it wants to customize everything. It embodies a "me" approach that says "Yeah, but …" after a plan is made and agreed upon. Mature Individualization is valuable. It may cost something, but it understands how and when customization can occur in a scalable way. Raw Individualization is impatient and mature Individualization is anticipatory. Raw Individualization observes others while mature Individualization customizes for others. Raw Individualization is unpredictable and says, "It depends …" and mature Individualization is thoughtful and says, "It depends upon …"
Learn more about using CliftonStrengths to help yourself and others succeed:
- Watch more CliftonStrengths webcasts like this episode.
- Sign up to get CliftonStrengths content sent directly to your inbox.
- Shop at store.gallup.com for CliftonStrengths access codes and other essential strengths-based development products.