- Gallup Theme Thursday Webcast Series
- Season 2, Connectedness
- Learn what Connectedness looks like when you use theme dynamics, and how it combines with and complements your other talent themes.
On this Theme Thursday Season 2 webcast, Jim Collison, Gallup's Director of Talent Sourcing, and Maika Leibbrandt, Gallup Advanced Learning and Development Consultant, discussed the theme of Connectedness.
Connectedness is about seeing, thinking, feeling and believing in the connections between things. When speaking with people talented in the Connectedness theme, they might describe it as spiritual or mystic, but Connectedness does not have to have a spiritual component. Connectedness is about understanding human behavior; it is engaged in and fascinated by the links between people, ideas and happenings. Connectedness can build bridges between groups, ideas and individuals. Connectedness can give people perspective, guidance and hope. People with high Connectedness understand that nothing happens in isolation. It sees the connections between facts and occurrences that others may miss.
Raw Connectedness causes others to experience open-ended confusion, because that person cannot convey his awareness that something is not right. Mature Connectedness can provide holistic direction for the future. Raw Connectedness is a gut feeling, while Mature Connectedness builds awareness that can be shared with others. Raw Connectedness overgeneralizes and makes connections that aren't there. Mature Connectedness makes meaningful connections.
To learn more about Connectedness, watch the full video or listen to the audio above.
Learn more about using CliftonStrengths to help yourself and others succeed:
- Watch more CliftonStrengths webcasts like this episode.
- Sign up to get CliftonStrengths content sent directly to your inbox.
- Shop at store.gallup.com for CliftonStrengths access codes and other essential strengths-based development products.