- Gallup Theme Thursday Webcast Series
- Season 1, Individualization
- Learn how themes form the core of CliftonStrengths and how to understand and appreciate your own -- and others' -- strengths, as we focus on Individualization.
On a recent episode of Theme Thursday Season 1, we met with Gallup's Program Manager of Professional Development, Kristin Gregory, to discuss how people use the Individualization theme in their everyday lives.
People with strong Individualization talents notice and appreciate the unique characteristics of each person and can customize their approach accordingly. Like a casting director, they use their intelligence about people to position them to do what they do best. This creates a type of team synergy that leads to a more enjoyable experience and increased effectiveness.
Individualization falls into the Relationship Building domain, giving those who possess the strength a clear perception of human uniqueness. That perception allows people to treat and approach others in a relevant way, making it easier to make connections.
Two themes that are likely paired with Individualization are Relator and Empathy. The two least likely to match up with Individualization are Connectedness and Consistency. Curt Liesveld, Gallup Senior Learning and Development Consultant, says that people with Individualization often see the trees, while those with Connectedness tend to look at the forest.
People with strong Individualization talents have a great sense of and appreciation for diversity by getting to know others on an individual level. Kristin says that in her coaching, she finds people often struggle to identify what makes them different. The Individualization theme creates an awareness of these unique qualities in not only oneself, but in others as well.
To learn more about the Individualization theme and how people like Kristin use it in their everyday lives, watch the full video above.
Kristin Gregory's Top 5 CliftonStrengths are Woo, Empathy, Individualization, Activator and Strategic.
Learn more about using CliftonStrengths to help yourself and others succeed:
- Watch more CliftonStrengths webcasts like this episode.
- Sign up to get CliftonStrengths content sent directly to your inbox.
- Shop at store.gallup.com for CliftonStrengths access codes and other essential strengths-based development products.