- Gallup Called to Coach Webcast Series
- Season 6, Episode 14
- Learn how Gallup's book Born to Build seeks to help entrepreneurs and builders, and how to use Gallup licensing in the CliftonStrengths products you create.
On a recent Called to Coach, we spoke with Gallup's Jessica Kennedy.
On the May 7 Called to Coach, Jessica spoke about Born to Build, which seeks to inspire entrepreneurs and ambitious, self-motivated people to build something that will change the world -- a small business, a thriving new division in a company, a nonprofit, a church, a school -- anything that creates economic growth and makes a lasting impact. It's available on Amazon and wherever your favorite books are sold. She also discussed Gallup's licensing program, which provides merchandise and content licenses to partners interested in incorporating Gallup's intellectual property into products for sale.
Want to help organizations and CliftonStrengths fanatics get their CliftonStrengths themes on … everything?
Then you need a Gallup merchandise license which, allows you to create merchandise and products displaying Gallup's CliftonStrengths theme names and definitions. Typically, this type of merchandise can be personalized to show an individual's top five themes or displays all 34 CliftonStrengths themes.
Examples of this merchandise include:
- coffee mugs
- word clouds
When you read the Merchandise Licensing Agreement, please note:
- You must submit a licensing payment -- or royalty payment -- to Gallup on 12% of your products' sales each quarter.
- Your license allows you to use the short and long CliftonStrengths and StrengthsExplorer theme definitions.
- All of Gallup's intellectual property must include the appropriate trademark symbol (® or ™).
What Is a Trademark?
A trademark is a word, phrase, symbol or design (or a combination of those) that identifies or distinguishes the source of goods or services of one party from those of others. A trademark serves to communicate to the consumer the unique source of specific goods or services. The ® and ™ signify ownership of a trademark. These symbols denote Gallup's ownership of these trademarks and help Gallup enforce our trademarks. For more information on when to use the ® and ™ symbols, please visit www.gallup.com.
Copyright © 2018 Gallup, Inc. All rights reserved. Gallup®, CE3®, CliftonStrengths® and Q12® are trademarks of Gallup, Inc. All rights reserved Gallup Licensing Program | Building a Partnership With Gallup
- Gallup must approve all designs and products before they are manufactured to ensure they meet the standards set forth in our Merchandise Licensing Style Guide. You must provide graphic design files, product specs and a production sample for review. Gallup also requests that all marketing materials and plans be approved prior implementation.
You have possibly seen CliftonStrengths-themed merchandise from some of our partners on shop.Gallup.com. Gallup's merchandise licensing partners do not have exclusive production rights. They, and any licensed partner may produce the same types of products (e.g., mugs, tumblers, notepads, t-shirts, etc.). Our licensed partners have found unique ways to present the CliftonStrengths themes, thus differentiating their products. Gallup does not offer business instruction to our licensing partners beyond guidance on the use of our trademarks. As such, be sure to consider the following before signing a licensing agreement:
- Are your designs products that the market needs or wants?
- Will you individualize merchandise (top five themes)?
- How will you manufacture your products?
- How will you manage inventory?
- How will you track and report sales?
- Will you develop an interactive online presence and shopping experience?
- What distribution channels will you use to sell your products?
- How will you fulfill and ship orders?
- How will you address sales tax and other business functions?
If after reviewing this information, instead of creating merchandise to sell, you want to purchase merchandise to give to employees, clients or friends, make sure you are buying from a licensed partner. A Gallup-licensed partner's website should display: "[Company name] is officially licensed by Gallup, Inc. to sell CliftonStrengths products. CliftonStrengths and each of the 34 theme names are trademarks of Gallup, Inc."
Jessica Kennedy's Top 5 CliftonStrengths are Individualization, Maximizer, Strategic, Relator and Woo.